Tags can be used to categorise the clients on any basis. One or more tags can be added to a client.
For example, you can allocate a tag “DSC with Client”. This way when you or any other person in your organisation sees this tag, he came to know that the client has the DSC and the client himself verifies the DSC Returns. This way you need not maintain a separate list or depend on your memory. Also, each of your team member is not required to ask you for each point.
Some more examples in which you can use tag are –
- You can create tags for accounting softwares used by client.
- You can create tags for clients which are covered under specific section or on which specific filing applies like Statement of financial transactions.
- You can create tags for e-commerce operators on which such client sells.
Add New Tags
Some tags are added by default at time of creation of an account. User can add unlimited number of tags. There are two places from where a new tag can be added.
- At time of add/edit client – At time of add/edit client, an option come to add or remove tags from that client. An option also comes there to add a new tag.On clicking Add new tag, a popup opens and you can enter name and save the tag.
- Go to Settings >> Tag from left menu – Click on +New Tag button on top right. A new page opens where you can enter tag name and description. Also, a list of all active clients will come and you can select all clients to whom you want to allocate that tag.
Add or Remove Tags from a Client
You can allocate as many tags to a client as you want. There are two methods of add or remove tags from a client.
- At time of add/edit client – At time of add/edit client, an option come to add or remove tags from that client. You can select tags here which you want to allocate to that client.
- Go to Settings >> Tag from left menu – Click on +New Tag button on top right.¬† A list of all active clients will come and you can select all clients to whom you want to allocate that tag. Similarly, click on edit tag and a list of all active clients will come and you select/deselect clients to add/remove that tag to that particular client.
How to Use Tags in Creating Tasks
While creating tasks, all tags allocated to each client will come in a column. You can search for tag name and then select all clients using the first select box. This way you had selected all clients which has that tag. But take care when you has similar tag names, for examples if you have tag name ABC and ABCD, then if you search ABC then it will show clients which have ABC or ABCD. So, name your tags accordingly.
Deleting a Tag
If a tag has already been allocated to a client then such tag cannot be deleted. However the tag can be made inactive. Inactive tags will not be shown for allocation to a client but remain allocated to clients to which they are already allocated. You can delete the tag by going to Settings >> Tag and click on delete icon in front of tag name which you wish to delete/inactive.
The tag page shows only the active tags. To see any inactive tag, click on Show Inactive Tags option on top-left.
When you sign up for PMS, we create some tags by default for you. You can edit or delete such tags and also add any number of new tags. The tags which are automatically created are
- Amazon Seller
- DSC with client
- DSC with us
- Flipkart Seller
- GST mails forwarded
Related Article – Status of Tasks